February 10, 2022
No matter what field your business operates in, owning a professional website is extremely necessary. From building a brand, driving sales to increase the ability to reach millions of potential customers via only a website link. This is a way of connecting businesses with internet users, an effective channel to promote products and services. DaisyWebs would like to share a few things you might want to consider when designing a website. Let’s get to the main topic.
Sitemap and attractive title tag
Sitemap functions as a map so that your website can easily achieve a high position in the search system. Sitemap helps Google index new websites faster, helping to inform Google that your Website is really SEO standard. It also supports a better user experience, the more detailed the sitemap, the clearer the hierarchy, the higher the ability to increase the experience and attract users.
The title tag will determine the likelihood of users visiting your website. The title tag should contain keywords for search engines to identify the main topic that the website wants to convey, thereby making it easier for users to search in Google, Yahoo, and MSN. A cool title will make an impression on users from the very first time, and contribute to increasing the CTR rate to your website through search engines.
Easy access navigation
Website navigation affects traffic and conversion rates. If the website is too confusing and difficult to navigate, users may leave the site and never return. To make it easier to navigate, you need to notice:
- Avoid formatting-based navigation: Navigation labels like videos, photos, and whitepapers show visitors the format of the content, but that’s not the main topic. Users do not visit websites to look for videos or whitepapers, but to seek answers and information.
- Avoid the drop-down menu: Drop-down menus can be difficult for search engines to crawl and frustrating for users because their eyes move a lot faster than their mouse.
Design a reasonable website layout
One of the factors that keep customers longer on the website is its layout:
- Header: The position of the menu bar on the website can be fixed horizontally, horizontally, vertically, etc. to help navigate users to subcategories and specific articles and content.
- Content: Usually divided into 2 small parts on the left and right. The left side shows small sections containing different content about products and services of the business website, while the right side is for featured news or Facebook fanpage, etc.
- Footer: businesses can be creative in different forms to make the website attractive to users.
A layout that makes it easier to interact with users
- Slider: This can be presented in the Header or the beginning of the content with images, videos contained in a frame and use some graphic effects to create an impression to keep users on the website.
- Cart: Usually placed at the top right corner of the Header. It is very useful because it automatically updates and users can easily add or remove products if they want to.
- Search box: Plays a role in finding products and goods that customers need in the fastest way.
All links are clickable
Inactive links or links that lead users and search engine spiders to removed or inaccessible pages will make both internet users and search engines uncomfortable and even feel like a waste of time because of those dead links. Therefore, when you are implementing web design, check the links first before loading the pages to make sure that they lead to the page with the right content.
Understand the purpose of the website
Businesses need to clearly define the purpose of building a website, for business, corporate, e-commerce, or any other purpose, etc. to take full advantage of the website’s benefits. Your website is simply for introducing your business or with the purpose of selling? Determining the right purpose will help businesses choose the appropriate website design.
The process of designing and choosing the right website template for your business is very important. A website can be simple but it must be professional. An attractively designed website will bring users interesting experiences, customers will remember your business longer and especially, reduce the bounce rate. If you need to find a professional Website design agency, do not hesitate to contact DaisyWebs for advice on necessary information.